The Shanti Public Hr.Sec.School Assessment Model
|The purpose of assessment at Shanti Public Hr.Sec. School has been defined.
The purpose of assessment is not - The purpose of assessment is -
- To make children study under threat.
- To mark children as slow learners or bright students or problem children.
- To place the onus for learning solely.
- To identify children who need remediation.
- To diagnose learning disabilities. (because that needs special tools and training)
- To acquire credible feedback (stresses on the preparedness of a teacher even before the course of teaching begun.)
- To improve the teaching/learning process/material.
- To review the objectives that have been identified by the school.
- To gauge the extent to which the capabilities of learners have been developed.